On-page SEO encompasses everything involved with improving the search engine optimization of a website. If you want your firm’s website to be found by potential clients, you need to perform good SEO to improve your search rankings and get noticed.
Here are 10 important tips to help you boost your on-page SEO for your firm’s website.
- Keywords in title tags: You should use a target keyword in the title tag for your page. This is a word or phrase that best summarizes the content of the page, and what potential clients are most likely to type into their search engine to find legal services. Adding your target keyword at the start of a title tag helps your page stand out to potentially interested clients. Try to aim for 50-60 characters for your title tag.
- Include your keyword in the first 100 words: Make sure your target keyword is located within the first 100 words of you page, as this helps visitors and search engines alike understand the topic of your content. Add the keyword a few more times naturally throughout the content, without going overboard (no keyword stuffing).
- Create SEO-friendly URLs: Your pages and posts should use shorter URLs that include your target keyword, which will help them perform better in search engines.
- Craft unique meta descriptions: Every page and post on your site should include a unique, well-crafted meta description that includes your target keyword. Use up to 160 characters. This description will show up as the descriptive text below the title of your search engine results.
- Write for people, not machines: Actual human beings are going to be the ones reading your content, so consider their needs over those of the machines and algorithms. If your content is hard for humans to read, they’ll quickly leave the page, which will damage your SEO and your ability to convert leads.
- Create engaging content: The content you develop should be interesting and easy for people to read. Break up the text into small paragraphs or bullet points, and make good use of headers and illustrations to help break up the content. This will help you keep the attention of your readers. Longer time spent on a page, results in an improved SEO.
- Don’t forget internal linking: Internal linking is highly useful for improving your SEO. Link to relevant pages or blogs on your site to help people gather more information and to keep them on your website. You should have internal links on every page.
- Consider search intent: Before targeting a specific keyword, make sure you do some research about the kind of results that already show for that keyword. If none of the results for that keyword are blogs, then people searching for that keyword aren’t looking to read blogs.
- Look at competitors: Scout out the competition to see how much of their content is ranked well and what they’re doing with their content to achieve such rankings.
- Prioritize fast loading: Do whatever you can to optimize loading speeds on your website. If it takes more than a couple seconds to load, people will get frustrated or bored and navigate away, which will damage your SEO.
Follow these steps, and you’ll be well on your way to significantly improved search engine optimization on your website!
This post was originally published at Conroy Creative Counsel at this link: https://conroycreativecounsel.com/10-important-on-page-seo-tips-for-your-website/